2019-2020 fall sports registration is now open. 7th and 8th grade football practice will begin TUESDAY, AUGUST 27th at 3:00 pm. Gear check out will be Monday, August 26th from 3:00-4:00 pm in the boys locker room. All players must be registered online and have a current physical on file at the school before participating. Coaches Halter, Graber, Herber, and Cusick are looking forward to a great season!
Student registration packets for the 2019-20 school year are being mailed home to you soon. Please watch for the packets with complete information. All registration processes may be accessed online. Below is a list of items all accessible on the Walker website home page to help you with this process. Please follow these steps to be sure your student is ready for school in September. All returning students must be registered before September 1st.
For those needing assistance or computer time to register, dates will be provided at the school August 19-23 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
* Complete online registration. This is a requirement for ALL returning SK students. If you do not have a current ParentVue account, please contact the Walker Main Office to get an Activation Code. If you receive a message that you did not complete the previous year registration process, please contact the Walker Registrar.
• Go to the
• Click on the Online Registration Tab
• Use the drop down field to select “2019-2020”
• Click on “Begin New Registration”
* Purchase PE Uniforms, Yearbook, and Athletics through the link “Pay Fees & Fines Online>”
* Register for Fall athletics on our new FamilyID under resources “Athletic Registration Online”
* Families requesting to qualify for reduced athletic fees must go to the NEW district website to complete the application for discounted fees
* Put money on your student’s lunch account at the link “School Meals”
* For bus stop information please follow the link “Bus Routes”
* Eligible bus riders must complete and return the Bus Rider Registration Form found here if your student is planning to ride the bus:
* Orders for 2019-20 Walker Wear may be accessed here:
Attached please find our English and Spanish School Supplies List
Just wanting to show your Wildcat pride? Planning to do a Fall sport? Get your gear early. Orders placed now will be available the second week of school. Place your orders soon!!!! Click on Walker Middle School below to access order form.
Mom and Dad squad is a group of adults who volunteer during our two lunch periods. You do not even have to be a mom or dad of a Walker student to join. Members can volunteer as often as they would like. You will have the unique opportunity to interact with students in a positive manner while helping to maintain a caring adult presence at Walker. If you would be able to give an hour one day or more a week at lunch time we would invite to you contact the Walker office to learn more about this opportunity.
With summer break officially started, Walker Middle School knew just the way to prepare. Through collaboration with staff, students and community partners, Walker Middle School worked to beautify its campus with landscaping, painting, a new CTE display and even a newly constructed patio and benches out front.
“It was a super fun day to serve and work alongside some great people in our community,” said Walker Middle School Principal Paul Myers. “I can’t thank Craig Oviatt and the Salem Dream Center, and our AVID and NJHS students enough for volunteering for this project!”
It is time to share our 2018-19 immunization rates provided Marion County Health and Human Services. The information for all schools is provided on the 24J website: https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/about-us/reports-statistics/immunization-reports/
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of on-line registration through FamilyID for all of our athletic programs. FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for athletic programs. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple athletic programs. This program is also used by all high schools in the Salem Keizer School District. All of the information that you enter in your family profile will be accessible when registering for any high school sports in the future.
Registration for SPRING TRACK AND FIELD is now open. Please read through the instructions attached and begin your student’s registration soon. If you have any questions regarding the process, please feel free to call the Walker Main Office.
The district has created resources to help explain the boundary adjustment process. If adopted by the Salem-Keizer School Board on February 12, the proposed boundary adjustments would go into effect in Fall 2019.
Parents and guardians of students who could change schools because of boundary adjustment will receive a letter soon as firm information is available — prior to the Feb. 12 vote if possible, or immediately after the vote.
These resources on the district website show proposed changes.