2019-2020 fall sports registration is now open. 7th and 8th grade football practice will begin TUESDAY, AUGUST 27th at 3:00 pm. Gear check out will be Monday, August 26th from 3:00-4:00 pm in the boys locker room. All players must be registered online and have a current physical on file at the school before participating. Coaches Halter, Graber, Herber, and Cusick are looking forward to a great season!
Student registration packets for the 2019-20 school year are being mailed home to you soon. Please watch for the packets with complete information. All registration processes may be accessed online. Below is a list of items all accessible on the Walker website home page to help you with this process. Please follow these steps to be sure your student is ready for school in September. All returning students must be registered before September 1st.
For those needing assistance or computer time to register, dates will be provided at the school August 19-23 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
* Complete online registration. This is a requirement for ALL returning SK students. If you do not have a current ParentVue account, please contact the Walker Main Office to get an Activation Code. If you receive a message that you did not complete the previous year registration process, please contact the Walker Registrar.
• Go to the
• Click on the Online Registration Tab
• Use the drop down field to select “2019-2020”
• Click on “Begin New Registration”
* Purchase PE Uniforms, Yearbook, and Athletics through the link “Pay Fees & Fines Online>”
* Register for Fall athletics on our new FamilyID under resources “Athletic Registration Online”
* Families requesting to qualify for reduced athletic fees must go to the NEW district website to complete the application for discounted fees
* Put money on your student’s lunch account at the link “School Meals”
* For bus stop information please follow the link “Bus Routes”
* Eligible bus riders must complete and return the Bus Rider Registration Form found here if your student is planning to ride the bus:
* Orders for 2019-20 Walker Wear may be accessed here:
Attached please find our English and Spanish School Supplies List
Just wanting to show your Wildcat pride? Planning to do a Fall sport? Get your gear early. Orders placed now will be available the second week of school. Place your orders soon!!!! Click on Walker Middle School below to access order form.
Mom and Dad squad is a group of adults who volunteer during our two lunch periods. You do not even have to be a mom or dad of a Walker student to join. Members can volunteer as often as they would like. You will have the unique opportunity to interact with students in a positive manner while helping to maintain a caring adult presence at Walker. If you would be able to give an hour one day or more a week at lunch time we would invite to you contact the Walker office to learn more about this opportunity.
It is time to share our 2018-19 immunization rates provided Marion County Health and Human Services. The information for all schools is provided on the 24J website: https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/about-us/reports-statistics/immunization-reports/
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of on-line registration through FamilyID for all of our athletic programs. FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for athletic programs. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple athletic programs. This program is also used by all high schools in the Salem Keizer School District. All of the information that you enter in your family profile will be accessible when registering for any high school sports in the future.
Registration for SPRING TRACK AND FIELD is now open. Please read through the instructions attached and begin your student’s registration soon. If you have any questions regarding the process, please feel free to call the Walker Main Office.
Salem Keizer School District offers the following athletics at each Middle School. Practices are directly after school each day and competition is against all other Middle Schools in Salem and Keizer. Transportation to games, meets and matches is usually provided. Please see the school office for more information.
Football Grades 7 and 8
Girls Volleyball Grades 7 and 8
Cross Country Grades 6, 7 and 8
Wrestling Grades 6, 7 and 8
Track Grades 6, 7 and 8
If you have refundable bottles and cans piling up in your garage and don’t like standing in line at the Bottle Drop place to redeem them, then this fundraiser is for you.
You can pick up a blue Bottle Drop Bag in Walker’s main office or get one from the Music Boosters. All you need to do is fill the bag with bottle and cans, then drop it off at any of the Bottle Drop locations and they will count them and credit the Music Booster account. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Anna at 503.542.2938.
Salem-Keizer School District has launched a new attendance campaign called, Every Day 24J. It is our desire to improve the overall daily student attendance at Walker and in our district. For that reason, I want to take a moment to urge you to closely monitor your child’s attendance this school year. Many parents do not realize the cumulative nature of absences. Unfortunately, we have many students with chronic attendance issues. For your information, the average student in the district would be absent about one to one-and-a-half days per month.
Please review the upcoming calendar of events. I would like to invite you to join us for our Back-to-School Night, Thursday, August 30th, 5:45-7:30. Students will receive draft schedules and their locker information during our Back-to-School Night. This will be an informal style of Open House where parents and students can meet their new teachers. Please remember that we will not be changing student schedules that evening or during the first week of school, which is a practice common to our middle schools.
Please review the following information regarding the schedule change process:
Schedule changes are a multi-step process that require the following:
- Student discussed wanting the change with classroom teacher and parents.
- Student contacts their assigned counselor and submits a written schedule change request (forms are located in the Student Center).
- Note: If the class to be changed is out of AVID, Band, Choir, Orchestra, Dual Language, or Spanish, it is a requirement that parents converse with teachers before removal is considered.
Appropriate requests for schedule changes include: hole in schedule or duplicate class (need 7 classes), missing a required class, wish to add/drop foreign language or music, or a level change is needed.
Inappropriate requests include: student wants to be with friends, student wants to be in a different lunch period, student has changed mind about elective choice, or student doesn’t like the teacher.
We look forward to this upcoming school year and look forward to seeing you very soon!