Welcome incoming 6th grader families for the 2020-2021 school year. We are so excited to meet our new wildcats. Please see the video link below for our 6th grade orientation for what to expect in middle school and important dates. Hope to see you soon!
The parent link as an Observer to a Student Canvas in now available. Please see instructions attached. A video to this is also available through the HOMECOACH link at the top of our webpage.
Walker is still hosting Grab and Go Meals for anyone under 18 years of age from 11 am to 1 pm each week day. See Menu attached.
For students to successfully login to all school APPS they must first login to Google. This will activate all school APPS to work, such as StudentVue, Canvas, etc.
Directions for Chromebook:
Click the blue “next” button.
Enter STUDENT ID
Directions for Home Computer:
Go to Google.com
Sign in with STUDENTID@salemkeizer.org
*passwords are the password your student used in the previous school year. If you need the password to be re-set, please call the school office.
Instructions for students to log into Canvas—Care and Connection
1. Go to the Walker website. If it is on a computer, on the right-hand side you will find “Canvas student login” or if on a phone, you will find it down towards the bottom.
2. Click on the link and it will ask you to give your user id and password. This is your school ID and the password you have set up in the years past.
3. Enter that information and it will link you to your Canvas account.
4. Once Synergy has loaded your classes, you should be able to see your courses, along with announcements and notifications.
Help on Navigating Canvas as a student
• Link to watch: Navigating Canvas
• Canvas Calendar is a great tool to help you keep up on due dates. Click on the “Calendar” tab on the left side of page at any time to see due dates in Canvas. Additionally, please watch for due dates on My Student portal grades. A rule that will help you: Look at due dates on My Student portal for what will be coming
Sometimes the documents you send will be unreadable to the teacher, especially when you submit from home. The best way to make sure your teacher receives your assignment clearly is to save them as a PDF.
How to save a document as a PDF and submit it!
Any Google Products:
1. After you have completed a Google Doc, Slide, or Template— select the “File” tab, then Download, and PDF document(if a Google Product).
2. To Submit: Click the red submit button on the upper left corner of your assignments. Click the Upload button on the bottom (middle of the submission page. Find in your English Folder and Upload the PDF – file— Not other documents.
1. After you have completed a Micosoft Word, PPt, or Spreadsheet, Click on “File” and then “Save As”.
2. Select where you have created your course folder, for example, the “Desktop”
3. Name your file “My English 9th Grade PDF’s”
4. Click “Save as type”, and select PDF
5. Select “Save”
To Submit: Click the red submit button on the upper left corner of your assignments. Click the Upload button on the bottom middle of the submission page. Find the folder where you saved your document of PDF for the assignment. Select the document (or PDF) you need to upload for the assignment. Last, make sure you click “Submit Assignment” button.
Attached please find our English and Spanish School Supplies List
If you have refundable bottles and cans piling up in your garage and don’t like standing in line at the Bottle Drop place to redeem them, then this fundraiser is for you.
You can pick up a blue Bottle Drop Bag from the Music Department. All you need to do is fill the bag with bottle and cans, then drop it off at any of the Bottle Drop locations and they will count them and credit the Music Booster account. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Marilyn at 503-551-0298.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of on-line registration through FamilyID for all of our athletic programs. FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for athletic programs. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple athletic programs. This program is also used by all high schools in the Salem Keizer School District. All of the information that you enter in your family profile will be accessible when registering for any high school sports in the future.
Registration for SPRING TRACK AND FIELD is now open. Please read through the instructions attached and begin your student’s registration soon. If you have any questions regarding the process, please feel free to call the Walker Main Office.